Aletras building is found in the central square of Afitos; it was built in 1889 by Triantafyllos Aletras.
It is considered an important sample of urban architecture expressing the provincial neoclassicism that prevailed in Macedonia in the early 19th century.
Today, this building is used for cultural events. On the ground floor there is a lending library and an exhibition hall that hosts exhibitions organised by the village’s clubs or various artists. In the basement a collection of farming tools is hosted, while on the first floor a traditional house is presented.
The museum’s exhibits (furniture, woven products, kitchenware, tools) are courtesy of the village residents.